Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Dye Job

I've been gone for a long time, I know, I've been lazy. I needed to add my comments to Lisa and Cookie's though because I don't know if you understand how much fun we had at Shelridge Farms. Seriously, unprecedented fun. Even though it's already been said, Buffy and Don were the warmest, friendliest hosts you can imagine. I didn't know what to expect before we went. I thought we'd go, look at some yarn, spend an hour or so and then be on our way. Instead, we stuck around for 6 hours (!) drinking wine (I was the driver, so not me), dyeing yarn, and eating a delicious supper all in excellent company. I'm not a terribly creative person, and I had never dyed yarn before, so seeing the colour combinations Lisa and Cookie were coming up with encouraged me to be more creative. They were a great inspiration! I honestly could have brought home every skein of yarn there. However I did not and somewhat regretted that, but then I thought that maybe after an appropriate amount of time has passed (so as not to be a pest) maybe I could go back and do more! The following are the colours that came home with me.














Four skeins of this colour followed me home with the intention of making a little something for a little someone.














I can't wait to see what these look like as socks!














Even though there were two other colours that I dyed, I loved this one of Lisa's and had to take some home with me.

It was really cool to see how much the colours changed from when we put the dye on to after it had been steamed, washed, and dried. Once I get them wound I'm sure they will look differently too. And once they are knitted, who knows what they will look like! I wish I had taken more pictures during the process, but now I will know for next time.

I'll leave you with something little. Too little. I have to make a bigger one for the intended target because this one is too small I think. But look how cute!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:49 AM, Anonymous cookie said…

    Don't the yarns looks so nice skeined up? I'm sorry I only got to see you for 10 minutes today. I have to do a good comparison of the Fleece Artist. Thanks for that skein. It totally goes with my hair!

    That hat is so cute! Teeheehee. I hope we get to see each other again soon. Chris said their wedding is scheduled for March 2008...

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger lisa said…

    The yarns look so pretty wound up! I think you were more adventurous in your colour choices than I.

    That hat is very cute - if it doesn't fit the intended recipient, I'm sure Cleo or Toeny would be happy to wear it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home