Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Lisa it's Your Birthday, Happy Birthday Lisa!

Lisa has been my friend now for getting on 9 years. We met at the end of our first year of University but didn't really become friends until our second year. There was a short time when we thought we would live together with about 8 other friends in second year (Two of the boys we were supposed to live with we ended up marrying, which probably wouldn't have happened if we had known what it was going to be like to live with them then. Actually, there are probably a lot of people we were going to live with that we wouldn't be friends with anymore.) but luckily for everyone that plan didn't happen and Lisa and I lived in residence again in second year. In thrid year Lisa and I lived in a house with 3 other girls. The first few months were pretty good. We did lots of stuff together both in school and extracurriculary, but then things got tense. I know if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have lived in that house. Girls are petty and when you add stress to petty, it's not pretty. I regret a lot of things that happened because they were stupid and childish. Lisa ended up moving out at the end of the school year and we didn't talk to each other much for the next couple of years (I should note that I have short term memory issues and some of the time lines may not be 100% accurate. I should also note that we were dating guys who were best friends so it was inevitible that we saw each other.). After school, Lisa moved to Egypt for 6 months. When she got back it was a little awkward because there was really nothing to be mad about anymore but how do you verbalize that? I remember getting drunk at a camping trip and one of us saying (I don't remember who) "I'm glad we're friends again!". Ahh alcohol, the great bonding agent!
Lisa is smart and funny and will say perveted things and make dirty jokes, but you would never expect it from her, which makes it even funnier! She is terribly organized and likes to have things carefully planned (which is too bad for her since all of her friends are scatterbrains). She is quick to help if you have problems and is very patient. She is also very strong, adventurous, efficient and quite ambitious. Lisa has slept though almost every movie she has ever seen (including those at the theater) since her bedtime is very early and sleep is pretty important for her (and those around her ;))I am so sorry to have wasted those years we could have been friends, but I am so happy to have her as my friend now. I hope you have a fabulous birthday dear Lisa and that there are many many more!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger lisa said…

    Thanks Denise! I'm getting a little teary...
    I'm glad to have great friends like you!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Happy Birthday Lisa!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home