Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Unbalanced Equations

In 'good' houses, like Lisa's, most yarn equations would look like this:
Mass of Yarn purchased = Mass of Projects Cranked Out (or Mass in = Mass out)

In my house though, this equation is more like:
Mass in = 5(Mass out)

I give you exhibits A and B as proof.
purchases
Exhibit A: The yarn I have brought into the house recently. The Patons Classic was $4 a ball and I couldn't leave it. The grey and red will be a sweater and maybe hat/mitt accessories. The teal I bought because I liked the colour. The two balls of Lopi were $1 a piece and I couldn't leave them either. I think they will make nice felted slippers for mom. The rest of it I got at the Knitters Frolic. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 4 balls I got from Shelridge Farms but the colours are so pretty! I think they will be nice for little things. The white and blue stuff is very thin stuff that may turn itself into a shrug and the cabled shawl.
projects
Exhibit B: Two felted bags, a sock without a heel, and my sweater (which is now 3 balls of wool!!). PAAAAATHETIC. But there's so much potential in all my new acquisitions.
Anyways. This is a boring post. I've been working hours and hours and on Tuesday I had a chunk of my face removed (there was a mole in that chunk) so I haven't had much time to do any knitting. If you want to read something funny, go here and especially read this. I think I'm going to add her to our list, she's too funny!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Muahahahahaha! The Chicken Viking Hat on that first link was HILARIOUS. This one: http://alohamedia.net/sarah/hats/chicken-viking/.
    That's the best knitting pattern I've seen since... I don't know when. It's just pure perfection.

    Oh yeah, if you guys like Fleece Artist yarns, I found an online co-op that is taking orders to place a wholesale order at 50% off. Let me know if you're interested! I love their merino sock yarn.

    -C

     

Post a Comment

<< Home