Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Results are In!

I have worn both my felted hat and mitts since the last time we spoke and I feel that their performance is more than adequate. The hat sucks my will to live if I wear it with a pony tail, but if my hair is down, everything is o.k. The mittens have also taken several trips to the grocery store with wonderful results.
I finished the mittens for my dad and they turned out just fine. They are not perfect, but they should keep out the cold. Unfortunately they weren't done in time for his birthday, but they are done in time for there to still be some winter left for him to wear them in. How awkward was that sentence?
Today was a day full of adventures! It started before 7, making pancakes for Mike before he went to work and has ended by making supper for Mike for when he got home from work. And in between I hardly had time to think of him at all! 5 loads of laundry, tobogganing, hot chocolate, and Lens! Lisa was here visiting and we went tobogganing with our Friends Craig and Jan and their boys. It's so nice having friends that have kids so that we can use them as an excuse to do stuff like that!
I decided that I have given up buying yarn for lent. Except that I'm already planning on breaking that to knit an Easter purse from Briggs and Little. Currently I'm working on the Marsupial tote from SnB using some Lopi. I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or send it to my sil in Spain. We'll see how it turns out. I am not at all worried about running out of projects before lent. I still have 2 sweaters, Mike's fingerless mittens, some socks, more mittens, and lots of other yarn with no fixed project left.
I'm watching Anchorman right now. Do you want to go to a pants party?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger lisa said…

    oooohhh, a pants party! That sounds like more fun than math.

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger lisa said…

    Are you saying that there's a party in your pants, and I'm invited?
    As long as you aren't wearing your Sex Panther cologne - it smells like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food!

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    I was a little worried after your first comment, but now I see you got it! No Sex Panther, I promise!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home