Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Friday, January 07, 2005

An Experiment and Question

I have been playing with Flickr because I was tired of only being able to post one picture at a time. So...there should be three pictures before you. One is a picture of the wool and eyelash from Spinrite factory. Nice colours, huh? The other is a picture of the gifts from Ami and Carol of Knitting Knights. The burgundy wool is from Lismore Sheep Farm in Nova Scotia, where Ami spent Christmas. The little blue bag is full of wonderful Jasmine-smelling bath salts from Carol. You can't see it in the picture, but she actually sewed plastic wrap inside the fabric. Kind of a unique technique, wouldn't you say?


Aside: I can't see the pictures in this little box, but when I look at the HTML code, the link is there. It's kind of freaking me out. If there are no pictures in this post, pretend my writing is descriptive enough that you know *exactly* what I'm talking about.

Finally, the third pictures is that sock that was supposed to be for a man, but that fits me. I've also notice this real trend towards fingerless gloves and I was wondering...if I started a new toeless sock trend, would anyone else follow? I guess that's the meaning of a trend, right, that people follow? But would you join a toeless sock - a - long? Just wondering if I have to finish this thing.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Yup, it worked :) I don't know about the whole toeless sock thing, though.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger lisa said…

    Your pictures are there!
    Lovely sock, by the way, but I'm with Rebecca on the toes.

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say that toe-less socks might have saved 2 or 3 friendships for me in first year because they would obviously be better ventilated. You'll have to confirm with Richard. So here's one vote for toe-less at least.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home