Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Shelridge Fantasy Land


Hello little blog-readers, how are you today? It is such a beautiful sun shiney day how could you be anything but fabulous? Plus you finally have a new entry to read, this day gets better and better, indeed. My day started before 8 o'clock. I got up early and started knitting some thrummed mittens with the Fleece Artist roving I got at Romni a few weeks ago. I am terribly pleased with the way the colours are showing up in the thrums, they're all varigated! The inside kind of looks like a clown's head. Is that good or bad?
Exhibit B in the picture is a pattern I found at Shelridge Farm today. It is a pattern for an opera bag and I'm sure it's perfect for the silk that lisa gave me for my birthday (See how I'm using up some of my stash? Aren't I a clever girl?). I am very excited about starting the purse. I think it will be perfect for Christmas outings!
Last, but not least, is Exhibit C; some wool I got today at Shelridge Farms. Carol (of knitting knights) braved my driving and came with me to the teeny tiny town of Ariss (it's actually between Elora and Guelph just off of Highway 7) to the Shelridge Farm. What a wonderful place! The wool she has is so soft! And the colours, well, let me tell you, those colours are something else! I need practice going to these wool stores though. I have to sit down and plan what I want to do instead of showing up and buying wool willy nilly! I purchased enough wool here to make myself a sweater. I'm thinking a little cardigan with 3/4 sleeves and some nice edges from this book (which I am currently 'renting' from the library. The 'borrowing' was over several days ago).
I also managed to finish two of those little mittens to match the jack sprat mittens. The heart scarf is well over half finished and if I hadn't run out of Divine (did you notice that I spelled that 'devine' a while ago? Poor spelling is genetic in my family.) I otherwise would have finished the scarf last night while Mike was playing Dungeons and Dragons with Craig and Jan. One can only have so many hobbies, you see. I didn't even get any knitting done Wednesday and Thursday of this week because work got in the way. You go and have yourself a great evening, I know I will.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Y'know, you probably shouldn't be admiting you have overdue library books when your sister (me!) is a Librarian :) RENEW THEM!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home