Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Mish mash info

I admit I have been remiss at posting this week, but there's no real good excuse like c has!! There seems to have been some confusion over the picture of the cats I posted. Even though my mother and sister have both seen Toeni on several occasions, they couldn't pick her out of the picture. That picture shows them hanging around the cat nip so it's not really their finest moment. They don't seem to eat it, but they love rolling around in it.
Anyway, here is a picture of Toeni with some projects I was working on this weekend. As you probably remember, I can't figure out how to post more than one picture at a time so I had to combine all of the things I wanted pictures of into one. She is very gracefully modeling the baby hat from Stitch n Bitch, while surrounded by a started mitten and a guitar pick holder. Mike's birthday was on Friday (I'm sure you don't want to read how absolutely wonderful he is and how much I love and adore him, do you?) and I felt bad that I hadn't knit him anything, so I whipped this up on a break today (between washing the floors, doing laundry, and cleaning under the bathroom sink(a job that I have been putting off basically since we moved into the house)). Unfortunately though I managed to sew the snap backwards, inside out, whatever, so now it needs to be mended. Creating and mending are two very different things so I don't know when it will actually be finished.
I started using some of my white buffalo today to make a mitten. Unfortunately, I forgot that the threads break fairly easily so I ripped it after knitting 3 or 4 rows. Discouraged, I frogged what I had done. Thinking back, I could probably have just kept on knitting because that stuff is so 'sticky' that it probably wouldn't have come undone.
I seem to have the opposite problem that Lisa has. I like working on items and finishing items, but I have trouble starting. That may be because I don't usually use a pattern so it takes so many tries starting and re-starting until I figure out how many stitches I should use. I started a little 'knitting journal' so I could write down the gauge and do all the required math for how many stitches and stuff, but that seems to be backfiring. The book has become the journal of 'Planned projects that never come to fruition'. At least all the details are there, in case I ever decide to go back.
There is more, but holy smokes how much rambling should one reader have to put up with in one sitting? I'll just write sooner next time.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger lisa said…

    How was the wool expedition?

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hello - thanks for joining the GTA knit blog ring. Before I add you to the ring, you need to ensure the code reflects the member id ringsurf.com gave you in bot the previous & next section in the html code.

    As well, either the GTA Knit Blog button needs to show on your blog or the words.

    let me know when you've done these two things, and I will add you.

    Lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home