Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

All Bejewelled and Stuff

Although it is far past sleepy-time, I just had to post this for you to see. This Fleece Artist roving is so beautiful! The thrums look like little colourful jewels, each one different. I am so very tempted to keep them for myself but I really can't justify it this close to Christmas. So far I have almost 1.5 presents finished of the 6 or 700 I have planned. I guess I'll have to go to the coal store down the road for those people who don't get knitted stuff. Also, I found the new Vogue knitting magazine at the grocery store tonight. Some of their patterns are kind of crazy but some of them are quite inspiring. Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even though it says anonymous, it's actually Mike. I can vouch for the coal plan, whatever Denise doesn't get knitted will be supplemented with some sort of combustible hydrocarbon. Let us know which is your favourite! She has been trying to convince me to learn to knit, since I have lots of time on my hands when I work nights, but I am resisiting. For now my involvement in the woven arts includes rolling balls of yarn and complaining about yarn. :)

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I like the coal idea... given that I've had to frog half of Rachelle's present three times now and will have to frog the whole damn thing tonight and start over (call me if you think this is a bad idea), and given that I'm still working on Mom's present, I think coal may be a great gift idea!

    Or tailings from the INCO mines. There are lots of those around up here :)

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Tanja said…

    Nice mitts! I'm going to be trying my hand at these thrum mitts this week. Tomorrow I head to town to get the materials. How do you like knitting them? Do you think you would knit them again? The reason why I ask is somebody was saying that she would never ever knit them again....and it kinda scared me! I didn't think they would be that difficult! Anyways, they look good....and warm!!! Who ever gets them as a gift will love them!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home