Deriviknit

The knitting blog by geeks, for geeks.

f'(knitting)=fun

Monday, October 25, 2004

I've become what I hate

Don't you really hate it when you are addicted to a blog and you wait *all* day for the person to post but they never do? I do, so I apologize for the lateness of my post. Not that anybody is actually addicted to our blog (Yet. We will take over the world someday, I'm sure of it.) but if you're my mother for example and you never get emails from me, this may be the only proof that I am still alive (I actually spoke to her last night, so she knows that I am alive, but I just used her as an example).
I made another trip to the KnitWit Studio in Fergus on Saturday to pick up some Briggs and Little wool for me to make some more thrummed items and to get some for my MIL who is also thinking of making some. I also picked up some Melody at Len's on Friday to make a hat for a special 2 year old boy. I thought I was becoming a yarn snob, only knitting with wool, but this little Melody hat is quite cute and there is enough left to make at least another hat and two pair of slippers. Can you guess what his brother is getting for his birthday?? Unfortunately the birthday was on Saturday so it will be late (as usual for me). It's like a bonus though, getting birthday presents late. Mike and I call it birthday 'Time Extended' like those car racing video games where if you are fast enough you get that voice saying 'Time Extended'. Does anybody else know what I'm talking about? I also have to make something for a friend's birthday on Friday. I think it will be something small like a nice hat or some slippers, due to my limited time allowance. Probably slippers though since I don't think she likes hats very much. Or maybe if I'm really ambitious a pair of mittens... we'll see.
I spent a little bit of time today doing searches for wool farms in my area. Boy was I surprised!! There are some interesting looking places in Orangeville, Ariss, and Elora. I think we should dedicate a few Saturdays to touring the countryside in search of wool farms. Who's in?

1 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Don't worry - I've posted something to my blog, so you can go get your fix now :)

    I'd love to do a tour - can you hold off until I come home for the holidays?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home